Report an Insurance Claim
Report a Claim
Our goal is to settle your claim as quickly, fairly and accurately as possible to minimize the disruption to your life.
If you're a Bristol West policyholder and you have a claim
(an accident, theft, vandalism or weather damage):
Call us right away at 1-800-BRISTOL (1-800-274-7865) to report the claim.
We take new loss reports 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
A Company representative will ask some initial questions about you and your claim. Have as much of the following information ready when you call.
- Policy number
- Name, address and phone number for all parties involved in the accident
- Year, make, model and license plate of the vehicles involved
- Facts surrounding the claim, including date, time and location
- Police report number and name of the police agency
- Extent of injuries of all parties involved
- Area of damage on the involved vehicles
- Location of vehicles if not drivable
- Name, address and phone number for any witnesses
Once your claim is reported you can expect to be contacted by the assigned claim adjuster the next business day. This adjuster will work with you to resolve your claim as quickly as possible. The policy coverages you purchased will determine the actions taken by the adjuster. Your adjuster will be able to answer your claim questions and guide you through the process.
Remember to protect your vehicle from further damage.
How do I report a loss?
Call our toll-free Claims Loss Line: 1-800-BRISTOL (1-800-274-7865). Our staff is available when you need them most: 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
What questions will I be asked when I call?
You will typically be asked for the following:
- Your name, phone number and policy number
- The date and approximate time that the incident occurred
- Where the incident occurred
- The description of the other car(s) involved, if any
- The name of the other driver(s) involved, if any
- The reporting police agency and report number (if applicable)
- Any injuries, witnesses, passengers (if applicable)
What happens after I report a claim?
We will work as quickly as possible to get all the details of the incident. This may include obtaining the police report, verifying insurance coverages, contacting any involved parties and witnesses, and inspecting damaged property.
You will be kept informed of our progress by your adjuster. You may contact your adjustor at any time for status or additional information.