Nevada Car Insurance Laws, Rates, and Minimums
OnlineAutoInsurance.com helps Nevada residents quickly compare auto insurance companies in a fraction of the time it takes to do so through other means, and with little effort. Instead of shopping around by repeatedly contacting carriers individually, simply complete the following form and get up to 4 rates from 15 different leading companies. Although your online quotes are totally free and come with no obligations, you do have the option to purchase your policy online and receive instant proof of coverage.
Comparing various quotes is the best way to ensure that a competitive rate is found. Why pay more than necessary for the same coverage when there are many quality carriers willing to provide policies at a fraction of the cost? The problem today is that consumers settle for the first few quotes they receive and end up paying higher premiums. Even most government department websites suggest that consumers complete a comparison to find cheap Nevada auto insurance from the right insurer.
What information is needed to compare car insurance quotes?
Shoppers won't need anything out of the ordinary; just be prepared to provide basic information such as the following:
- Driver information — Date of birth, driving history (including accidents and violations), gender, and marital status, etc. Quotes can be obtained without personal information such as social security numbers or driver's license numbers.
- Vehicle information — Years, makes and models. (Having the VIN will help determine the exact model.) Having anti-theft devices installed may get cheaper rates, although policyholders may have to provide proof of installation.
- Coverage — Be aware of what coverage is needed. Feel free to experiment with different coverage to see what will be within budget and provide enough protection. If this proves to be a difficult decision, visit our Choosing Auto Insurance Coverage section.
- Having current policy information may help ensure access to discounts such as the persistency discount.
What coverage is required by Nevada's Auto Insurance Law?
The state of Nevada requires the following minimum coverage to legally drive a vehicle:
- $15,000 - Bodily injury coverage per person
- $30,000 - Total bodily injury coverage per accident
- $10,000 - Property damage coverage per occurrence
When choosing coverage, keep in mind that although liability coverage will satisfy the Nevada car insurance laws and financial responsibility requirements, it will not provide any coverage whatsoever for the policyholder's own vehicle. Consider the many other types of valuable coverage available for a reasonable price. Our auto insurance coverage definitions will help consumers further understand each type of coverage in order to make a more informed decision.
Choosing the right carrier means finding a reputable company offering low premiums for the needed protection. Price alone shouldn't be the only determining factor. Always take into consideration other important factors such as financial strength, payment plans and coverage available when beginning to compare Nevada auto insurance online. After all, the reason motorists buy coverage is so that, when they need it, there is an insurer ready to assist them with their losses. Through our network of companies, shoppers may receive rates from quality carriers such as Progressive, AIG, Esurance, Safeco, Travelers, and many more.
The Nevada Division of Insurance provides a helpful, PDF formatted Nevada 2011 Consumer's Guide to Auto Insurance Rates that can provide additional details on many subjects such as rating factors and other related information.